Friday, April 26, 2013

Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary

Every morning on the 25th of April we wake before the sun. We get dressed, we trim some rosemary from our garden and we attend a very special service. The 25th of April is ANZAC day and it is the one day all Australians and New Zealanders come together to remember our brave, strong and selfless soldiers. We thank them and remember them. We don't mention 'us' or 'our day' or 'our celebration' The mornings are for our soldiers, we put them before us and we give our respect. It is the least we can do.

~ Lest We Forget - 25th of April 2013 ~

When the sun has risen and we have celebrated our brave men we then celebrate us.
On the 25th of April 2010 I married the man of my dreams. This year marks our 3rd year together as husband and wife and I could not be any prouder of this amazing man.
I am one truly blessed wife.

~ Our matching bands that unite us as 1 ~

Our day was beautiful. Simple and beautiful. We cooked up a yummy breakfast and spent the day relaxing in our home.


We made plans for our home, spent time together and with our babes and took lovely afternoon walks around our neighborhood. It couldn't be any more perfect if we tried. After being away for 2 weeks and heading straight back into work when I got home it was so nice just to be together. It's all I wanted.

but...

My darling gives me a special present every year for our anniversary. He bases his presents around the "Anniversary gemstones"

The 1st Wedding Anniversary stone is Peridot. He bought me this AMAZING peridot and diamond ring...and yes it was delivered to me on a plate of oysters ;-)


The 2nd Wedding Anniversary stone is Garnet. He bought me this beautiful garnet stone bracelet. Tiny little garnet stones, all different sizes and shapes, strung together in a bracelet. Just precious! The ring is my peridot ring on my hand.


The 3rd Wedding Anniversary stone is Pearl. This was my present this year. This stunning leather wrap with champagne freshwater pearls. Divine! Looks so pretty on. The traditional present for 3rd Anniversary is leather so he blew me away with this one!


I treasure these beautiful gifts and wear them all all the time. Mixing them with different outfits and jewelery. They are so special and unique and each one will remind me of each of our special years together. The thoughtfulness and time he has put into these gifts mean the world to me and I will treasure them forever.

As our special day landed on a Thursday this meant that we had personal training. Of course we went! We are committed to this...100%! So for our anniversary night, we trained...and we trained hard. This was our cardio session and holy crap I couldn't move. It felt good and when we got home we were proud of our efforts.


We stayed in that night, the main reason being we were too stuffed to do anything hahah but it was a perfect ending to our perfect day.


Happy 3rd Wedding Anniversary my love. Thank You for being totally crazy and bringing joy, laughter and endless sunshine to my life. You rock!

Peace, Love and Hope


7 comments:

Belinda said...

What a lovely day!
Your new bracelet is gorgeous (as well as the previous anniversary gifts!)
xo

Veronica Lee Burns said...

I had no idea there were anniversary gemstones but dang girl! What cool anniversary gifts! Definitely ones you can treasure forever!

Unknown said...

Its really romantic post,I just missing my wife but I have plan to impress her,I will gift her a Emerald Cut Engagement Rings that she really love a lot.I have a secret plan to present this gift to her.

x S.K.K x said...

Thank You so much B! I love them!!!

x S.K.K x said...

I know neither did I! Such special gifts that will remind me of each year!

x S.K.K x said...

Oh She will LOVE that!

mackyton said...

Great to see you both celebrating wedding anniversary. Couple of days back my sister and her husband celebrated their 4th anniversary at one of wedding venues. It was really good to be there and enjoy the day with them. They really arranged a lovely party.