Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pregnancy Weeks 35-37


35 Weeks We made it through the week! I am officially on Maternity Leave! Now to train my body and mind to rest! Our OB app on Monday went well; baby is engaged and still growing at a consistent rate. Baby weighs 2kg and Mummy weighs 78.5kg I literally put on 1 kg a week! This week I have been ridiculously hungry! I'm eating every hour and constantly starving! I'm on medication morning and night to relax my uterus to stop it from contracting! The medication has bad side effects but I'm getting used to them. I started getting a cold but kicked it in the butt before it turned into anything! Love love love my growing belly and cherish every day with him with me!! I feel he still has a couple more weeks with Mumma before he's ready to come but we'll just take it day by day.



36 Weeks Another milestone hit!!! Go Team Kirkpatrick! This week was my first week of maternity leave and I literally slept the entire week! It was like I finished work and my body just shut down! I got a cold sore which is my body's way of saying 'I'm done and need rest' I was quite nauseas and shaky and had vaginal pain towards the end of the week and ended up back in hospital but all was ok with both me and the baby! This week I have been STARVING! Like literally eating every half hour and dreaming of food the rest of the time! I've never experienced this my entire pregnancy so I ate and ate and ate! My boy needs food to grow big and strong! So basically my 36th week I ate and slept haha what an update I only put on .5 of a kilo so still only 79kg! Waiting waiting to hit the big 80! I now have 'pregnancy face' as my face is ballooning up! It's so funny to look in the mirror! All in all an up and down week but baby is still snuggled so this Mumma is happy!


37 Weeks WE MADE IT I'm so excited to get here! I literally have been in bed the last 4 weeks and have had some down moments but it was all worth it to keep him safe and growing! I'm excited to reach this goal because now I can labour at home and don't have to race to the hospital at any sign of pain! My face gets rounder by the day and belly is reaaaally stretching! First few faint stretch marks appeared today so I know I'm getting bigger and bigger! Bring it all on I say! About time! Baby has given me severe pain in my pelvis the last few days and I could not get out of bed but he seems to have eased off a bit today which has been a great relief! I'm up all night and sleep during the day but that's ok oh and I finally packed my bag...celebrations all round! Bring on week 38 We are ready!! 

Peace, Love and Hope

x S.K.K x

 

No comments: