Thursday, May 31, 2012

Co-Sleeping???


 ~ Where does this fur-mumma sleep? ~

 ~ My heart nearly burst with love and happiness when I woke and saw this ~

Yes we are now one of THOSE couples that allow their dogs, and in our situation...cat, to sleep in our bed with us! This has never happened before! In 4 years they have never slept a full night in our bed! I don't know whether it's the cold weather or we are getting soft with old age ;-) or we just missed the hell out of them while we were away on holidays but for the past week we have had 3 new bed buddies! It's dam squishy, lots of snoring, probably quite unhygienic and a mountain of pet hair but their snuggles make it all worth it!!!


Lord help us when we have kids! We made a deal last night that we will never do this with our kids, complete with handshake, knuckles and a high 5! Haha yeah yeah yeah I can hear all you parents sniggering and saying yeah right haha we'll see :-)

Dog beds ARE on the shopping list so they can at least sleep on the floor but in the meantime I'm loving and so very thankful for their warmth and their love!

x S.K.K x

10 comments:

Kim-Marie from Kimba Likes said...

Whilst I appreciate that is very cute and snuggly, I couldn't imagine anything worse! I have a king sized bed and there is barely enough room for me and the Welshman some nights! :)

As for children, he manages to do a complete starfish on every single bed he's ever slept in, be it a cot or a king sized bed!

When we stay at my dad's, Boyo and I share a bed. Once I woke up in a panic. I was face down on my tummy, and Boyo was lying on my back on his back. Dear gods! :)

You might not be able to get the fur babies out of your bed, but make sure you buy cots for the real babies! :)

carmen said...

Considering the five year old bed hog squished into our cosy bed for a few hours this morning...i took the time to watch him sleeping...so glad he feels secure and accepted enough to still do it!
Yay to the pets though! LOL!

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

OMG thats a FULL bed :))))
I too said the famous words "Our kids WILL NOT sleep in our bed!!!"....hahaha that went out the window the first night we bought Ella home from the hospital at 3 days old :) Our kids go to sleep in their own beds....but at some stage everynight...we end up with a FULL bed :) We recently bought a King Bed to accommodate for this lol.
Enjoy the snuggles. Life's too short :)
x

SportyMummy said...

I just love that second photo...how cute can those fury guys be!!

Belinda said...

Aw how adorable... I wish I could have Duke & Daisy in with us...
<3 x

x S.K.K x said...

Yes I'm completely against co-sleeping with children but as I said I will see what happens when we have kids haha oh Kim Maree it is soooo squishy!!! Haha no room at all!!!!

x S.K.K x said...

Yes Carmen I think this will be me as well! If I'm this connected to my pets I can't imagine the love I'll feel with my children! It's unimaginable! Can't wait :-)

x S.K.K x said...

Oh it's absolutely full!!! Might have to start investing in a King for when the cherubs arrive! Poor dogs will def be kicked out then haha

x S.K.K x said...

Isn't it just the absolute cutest!!!! I couldn't stop staring at them!!!!

x S.K.K x said...

I love it so much Bindy!!! I love the special time with them!!!