Monday, April 29, 2013

Aging Beautifully Like My Mum

As you all know I am a member of the 'Fernwood' Gym. Ive talked time and time again about how much I love my gym and how Fernwood fueled my passion for fitness and allowed me to spread my wings and shine in a safe and supportive environment. Recently I did a mini interview with Fernwood magazine and was asked to talk about the topic "Will I age like my mum?" Both mum and I attend Fernwood gym and we both absolutely love it. I was sent the questions by email and had 1 night to complete my answers and email them back to the editor. I wrote my piece, sent it away and didn't think anything would come of it. Well my little story was chosen and even though it was only a little snippet from my interview, I was ridiculously excited to actually see our photo and my writing printed in a magazine. 1 sentence, my words, in print! Squeeeeeeel!



 and here is my little feature :-) 


Of course it needed to be edited to be a feature so here is my full interview that I did for the magazine!

1. Do you want to age like your mum? Why?

Absolutely! Without a doubt. I am in complete awe when I look at my mum. Her beauty, passion and wisdom shines every day. I love that she has aged beautifully, gracefully and naturally. She takes care of her body and eats a healthy diet and this absolutely shows in her skin, body and face. I love every line and every wrinkle. It shows the hard work and dedication she has put into her life and our family and her inner beauty shines through this all.

2. Do you think you are aging like her? In what ways?

If you had of asked 5 years ago I would have said no but in the last few years I see little sparks of her in me every day. 3 stand out aging features are the small lines in my hands, the wrinkles in my forearm and the single line on the outer corner of my eye. Our hands show the hard work and dedication we have put into our careers. Our arms are the source of all comfort and our eyes show the signs of years of smiles and laughter. Some people fear aging but these 3 signs put a smile on my face and warms my heart as they prove to me I am living an active, passionate and happy life...all because of my mum.

3. What sort of health example has your mum set for you growing up?

I was extremely lucky to grow up in a generation where the outdoors was our life. My mum created amazing childhood memories that will stay with me forever. She laid down the foundations to ensure that both my sister and I loved sports, loved life and loved keeping active. No dream was too big and she encouraged us and made sure that we took advantage of every possible opportunity. She ensured our life was simple and fun. I'm positive it wasn't simple for her but for us, we were living, loving and experiencing a simple, happy and active childhood.

4. What do you like about working out together?

Life gets busy. Even though we both have very demanding lifestyles Fernwood Gym provides a special place we can both go to share our passion of fitness. There's no pressure, there's no deadlines, we can just go and push our bodies to the limit and work hard every day to be our best selves. The most important part is working hard, getting fit and succeeding...together.



I am so lucky to have the most beautiful mum in the world. Every single life that she has touched is instantly changed for the absolute better and I speak for everyone when I say that they are very lucky to have her in their lives. As her daughter I feel in complete debt and eternally grateful to god for allowing me to be guided in this life by my beautiful angel. My life is filled with passion, gratitude, prayer, empathy, forgiveness, compassion, confidence and most of all love because of her.

Thank You Mumma! Always and Forever!


Peace, Love and Hope.

No comments: