Thursday, November 29, 2012

Warrior Dash 2012 Baby


4.75 kilometers of mud hills broken up by 10 obstacles that challenged your strength and worked every muscle in your body - this was the Warrior Dash!


We left home at 6 in the morning and took on the 2 hour drive to Mount Kilcoy, home of the Warrior Dash 2012. I was a complete mixture of emotions, scared, excited, nervous, pumped. 

Our Team! 

I literally had no idea what to expect! My biggest fear were the obstacles. I have never done anything like that in my life. I "trained" for the obstacles, and by trained I mean I took a pump class twice a week to try and increase my strength. The 5K I knew I could just wing on the day! Ha ha ha oh my goodness how wrong was I! When I say mud hill I mean total mud walls. Massive hills that where complete mud slides. It was a mission. I was so not prepared. There was no down time. The entire course was mud hill after mud hill with no break of flat. It was 10 times worse than a cross country event. The hills were muddy and completely uneven. Thank goodness I strapped both ankles before the race. I thought the obstacles would be the would be the challenge of the day but the actual 'running' course was the real test. But you know what? I did it! We did it! We didn't 'race' as a team, we all went at our own pace and this was all good. I was so proud of them all! I don't think any of us had any idea of what we had gotten ourselves intombutnwe took it it head on and had a ball!

I always look back at this! Just to remind myself that I can do it!
I am strong and I can do anything!








and now...well now I am totally addicted and I want to do more! Well I AM doing more! There are 5 races next year before my main goal...TOUGH MUDDER! The biggest thing that WD taught me was that my mind is ridiculously powerful. I already knew this. Over the last 2 years I have been learning that I need to trust my soul and listen to my mind. No matter what I want to do, if I believe I can, then I will. WD was the biggest test and I passed with flying colours. It was seriously one of the most exciting and challenging things I have ever done and yes I know I have said it before but man I'm proud!
x S.K.K x

12 comments:

Belinda said...

Good job!! Very proud of you!

Enid Bite'Em said...

What a feat! I snorted a little bit at you 'winging it' for 5km of mud hills :), but am impressed that you did it anyway. Very inspiring :)

Me said...

It certainly was a great event wasn't it ??? We had a great time even with the injury I sustained. We have already entered The Stampede for next year. I'm not sure if we would manage Tough Mudder but I would love to give Hidden Warrior a go.
Have a great weekend !
Me

Kirsty @ My Home Truths said...

Good on you! I don't think I could ever do anything like that myself but you certainly did prove how strong you were in completing the course - well done!

Unknown said...

I've got a friend who is doing Tough Mudder too. I reckon it looks like loads of fun! Might give it a go oneday when I don't have a newborn strapped to my chest...

Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

Oh my gosh that looks so fun!

x S.K.K x said...

Thank You very much :-)

x S.K.K x said...

Hahaha so did I!!! Had no idea what I was in for hahaha

x S.K.K x said...

Oh no what happened???? Ooooo what's hidden warrior?? My next one is Beach Bash! Pretty much the same but on sand haha going to kill!!!

x S.K.K x said...

Thank You so much! It's amazing how much you can do just by tellin yourself you can! Esspecially when people say you can't :-)

x S.K.K x said...

Ohhhh yes as soon as hubby is old enough you should do it!!!!! Was so much fun!!!!

x S.K.K x said...

Oh it sure was!!! Thank You for stopping by :-)