Thursday, December 6, 2012

Leaving Footprints



There comes a time in everyone's life when you have to choose. You have to choose who you keep in your life and who you choose to let go. Then there are the times when life chooses for you. When friendships for whatever reasons fall apart and you struggle to keep them alive. A few years ago I fought hard. I fought against everything I knew and I fought to keep a very special friendship alive. Unfortunately life threw in obstacles and wires were crossed and we had to accept that life was putting us on separate paths. Heartbroken and confused I took the time to move on and try not to let it effect me too much. I must confess I never healed. I always wondered! Wondered how their lives turned out. I always had the 'what ifs?' I missed her, I missed him, I missed our Tuesday dinners. A lot has happened in 4 years. A lot of life's most special moments have happened and I've missed them. I always think about her and our friendship. On her special days, on her sons birthday, on News Years eve...all those days we created special memories on. It's been four years and I'm not ready to let go. That has to mean something...right?


x S.K.K x

1 comment:

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Yes, follow your gut and your heart.
Life is way too short and way too damn precious to not be happy or chase dreams or forgive or to move forward.
If the friendship is truly worth salvaging than fight again for it. If not, walk away with peace in your heart. Be kind to yourself Sarah ;)
Nothing wrong with trying and putting yourself out there though...sometimes the biggest challenges or heart aches are what make us bigger, better and stronger.
xx