Thursday, October 11, 2012

Those Moments

I have the greatest job in the world! In the first weeks I was excited for my home life to improve. Oh lord has it improved! I have more me time, us time, family time and friend time. This, my friends, is more important to me than you will ever know. This week however, the beauty of my job really spread its wings. I started noticing the little things that made me remember why I truly love my job. I don't have multiple degrees. I don't earn a 6 figure paycheck. I don't get awards at fancy dinners. What I get to witness and experience beats all of these things combined and makes me the luckiest girl in the world.

This happens...and my heart melts...


I am a childcare worker. In my own home. I care for, nurture, encourage, support, guide, teach and most of all love 4 little souls every day. Parents put their trust in me to look after their babies, their world. People may look down on our profession but today, this week, this month, has just proven how lucky I am to have one of the best jobs in the world. I am so thankful for this. Each day is a new beginning. Each day is a new learning curve. Each day is a celebrated success. No matter how big or how small the victory is...we celebrate! Learning to share, learning to cut, learning to speak, learning empathy, learning to walk, learning to care and most of all making those first little steps towards building friendships. I get to witness this every day. Every day is a miracle, a celebration of their lives and of their journey. I am so thankful to be a part of this! 

Thank You to the parents for trusting me with your world.
Thank You to the children for letting me love you, guide you and protect you.
I am forever grateful. 

Thankful Thursday

x S.K.K x

6 comments:

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Absolutely LOVE this post.
xx

Aroha @ Colours of Sunset said...

This is so beautiful. I think people pigeon hole and stereotype home-based daycare workers and it's a shame. I can really hear your passion for your job, and the kids, in this post. So lovely, for you and them!

Belinda said...

Aw what a beautiful photo, you are the perfect person for this job. You have a wonderful heart!
x

Kel said...

One post and I'm in love! My children go to family day care. It takes a special kind of person to care for someone else's children in their own home. And for me, as the parent who sends my babies to family day care, you really need to trust someone to let them in like that. So wow. And thank you. And I love that photo. xx

Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

Every parent wants a passionate, grateful and engaged worker like you. Glad you're happy :-)

admin said...

You are blessed & so too are the children in your care x