Monday, November 28, 2011

OUR Tree

So last night as I was writing my post about our Christmas Tree a terrible knot formed in my stomach! Somethig wasn't right. The tree is gorgeous! Perfect in so many ways! Its everything I ever dreamed of and more! But that's just it. It's MY dream tree! It has everything I love on it and the design and creation is perfect! I know these things don't mean a lot to Rob and he is happy with whatever I am happy with but you know what? I want this to be OUR tree! The ornaments reflect us both and our lives but the 'design' of the tree is all me! I swore that I would NEVER and I mean NEVER put tinsel on my tree! Yes my house is covered in tinsel but never on the tree. I remember Rob mentioning once that he loved tinsel on trees! He also loves fresh candy canes hanging from the branches! So today I went and bought some tinsel and candy canes and covered OUR tree in everything that Rob loves!


Marriage is a beautiful thing. It allows 2 souls to still be complete individuals, and a beautiful team all at the same time! Our tree is our symbol of our individual souls coming together to create something beautiful. Tonight I feel happy! Its a shock each time I see the tree but then I smile knowing that its OUR tree and I LOVE it! Shinning and delicate ornaments, cheerful tinsel and sweet candy canes. The perfect combination of Sarah and Rob.

x S.K.K x

7 comments:

Belinda said...

Aw it's lovely!! Trent had the job of doing lights & tinsel, I do decorations & we both put the star on :) Well it's more him, I'm to short LOL. Your tree is beautiful and so similar to ours!! :D

Jeska said...

So sweet. We always used to do tinsel growing up but my hubby didn't so I leave it off for him :) And he picked out our color scheme burgundy & gold (Redskin colors) so I kept him in mind while decorating too :)

Special 'K' said...

It is beautiful! I have been working on my most of the day, I will be still here most of next week doing the same thing. But I so love doing it. What a lovely blog you have here I will follow on my way out hope you can find the time to visit my place soon and do the same. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Hayley said...

What a sweetheart you are! Look great and I am the same about tinsel ;)

Thea said...

I love how you put so much thought into it, it's amazing!

Life Love and Hiccups said...

Your tree is gorgeous. xx

x S.K.K x said...

Thank You so much everyone! I just love it! i appreciate your kind words!