Sunday, March 13, 2011

Personal Growth

Today I bought a book called "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. 
Book of Days - 365 inspirations to Enrich your relationships. 


I have recently discovered an interest, which I hope will form into a passion, of ummm what would you call it...self help - personal development - being the best I can be. I am learning that the sky is the limit and that I can be whoever I want to be! Not professionally but personally! My personality has always been influenced. I was always the type of person that would mold into the people around me. Who ever they were, whatever they believed in, what ever they stood for, I would as well. Inside I knew the real me but I never showed it! I always took on the personalities around me! I don't know why, I have always been a quite confident person but it was an act. I was confidently everyone else but never the real me! I would move from best friend to best friend from friendship group to friendship group and I would mold and change into who they wanted me to be! But enough is enough! I was getting tired! Not happy. I was bursting inside to show the real me and who I am! I have found some really amazing books, internet sites and gorgeous people who have motivated me and pushed me and inspired me to open up, look at the real me and let myself shine. I have written before that people describe me as 'corny' but I love being corny. I love seeing the beauty, fun and sunshine in all aspects of life! This blog has allowed me to open up and show my true feelings and be myself! So I am constantly on the look out for photos, written words, books, blogs, songs that simply inspire. I want to better myself in every aspect of my life. From my home life, to my health, to my cleaning habits, to my marriage, to my writing, to my friendships, to my photography, to my house decoration and to my career. Everything that I can read, see or experience I want to soak it up and suck all of the goodness out of it and plant it in my life! I'm young, I'm planting the seed so I can grow into the beautiful, inspiring, motivating and happiest person I can be!

So when I saw this little book amongst the hundreds and hundreds in the stall I had to get my hot little hands on it! I originally thought it was the original book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and I was dieing to read it! But this one is even better! Every day it has a passage. Something for you to read, think about and act upon. I do not understand men! Even my man, I look at him sometimes and just think...WHAT!!!...why do you do that? or say that? or feel that? This book I am hoping will allow me to open up, look from the other side and try to understand why! Some are funny, most are serious, but I am looking forward to being challenged to look from the other side. Why we do what we do and why they do what they do! Men and women obviously work differently, that's what makes us special and I am excited to learn about each of us and develop a deeper understanding. Here is today...

March 13
The Fifteen-Minute Delay

Somtimes when we are upset, we dont realise until later what we have said. Often, if a women in upset and shares her feelings, it may take fifteen minutes to reflect on what she has said. After such consideration, she begins to appreciate a man's strong support. She thinks, "I really unloaded on him and he wasn't mean to me. He really tried to be considerate. He is wonderful. Let me think what can I do for him."

Sometimes there is a fifteen minute delay before a women can really appreciate that a man is there for her. 

If a man says something in fristrations like "What's the point?" or "This was sure a waste of time" or "If this doesn't help, why do we even bother?," it can undo all the good he did. It will be as though he gave a gift and then took it back. And to a women, that is worse than not giving it in the first place. That fifteen minutes when she is reflecting on what she has said is a very vulnerable time for a women. if a man is trying to tell her that she is wrong, or id she feels she has to defend herself, then it is very hard for her to see her mistakes and release any negative feelings she is holding onto.

So true!!! Women, we are so emotional which I think sometimes, actually most of the time works against us. I know that I often need that little bit of time just to cool down collect my thoughts and then once things have blown over we laugh and say "what on earth were we thinking?"
What do you think?
I'd love to hear your thoughts?
I'll type up all the interesting ones so you can share my journey with me.

x S.K.K x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am subscribed to your blog but really should comment more! Anyway I am currently reading the original Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus and it is AMAZING. Seriously you find yourself nodding in agreement the whole way through. If you can, please do a follow up post on what you think of the book you just bought as I'd love to know! Cheers, Bel