Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week-a-Boo

I haven't written a Week-a-Boo in a couple of weeks as I was a bit absent from the blogging world so I am pleased to be back and ready to share my weekend with you all :)

For the past week I have had my cousin and her gorgeous daughter staying with us! My cousin lives in America and has come back home to visit for 2 months. It was lovely having her here for a week and it was so nice having house guests! On Friday as the rain had really set in we decided to go to 'Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. My cousin collects the hurricane glass' from the Cafe's all over the world and she really wanted one from her home country Australia. We had such a lovely time down there and the food was fabulous and it was so interesting seeing all the memorabilia from all the different bands and singers throughout history. I am no Rock Chick but I enjoyed sitting for a few hours listening to all the Rock Songs.

 ~ Yummy 'Berrylicious' drink in our take home cup ~


Friday night once the kids were asleep it was GIRLS NIGHT IN!!!


There is nothing better then a platter of cheeky treats (all lollies/chocs that you can not buy in America) and a bit of singstar! We sung for hours singing and dancing and laughing the night away! Once 11 hit we decided to tone it down so we sat down and talked until 4 AM! SO CRAZY! but hey we did have 15 years to catch up on! We talked about our marriages, our jobs, our families and our secrets. I will really miss her when she goes home but I know she is happy over there and that's all that matters!

After a few hours sleep I braved Saturday but took it very slowly as I was quite tired from my night before ( oh gosh Im getting old haha) so it was a slow day of cleaning and reading and snoozing! Saturday Night I had planned a GIRLS NIGHT OUT - it was a bit of a girls weekend for me actually haha I had planned for an 'EAT PRAY LOVE' night. In true Eat Pray Love style we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner and then went and saw the movie in StarClub! I absolutely love this book - which you can read about here - and I was so excited to see the movie! I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and I think they portrayed the novel extremely well. There were a few differences that I noticed but nothing overly major that ruined the storyline! Even in the movie I had to get out my notepad and pen and write some notes! I'm so in love with the movie and love all of the sayings and lines that I just never want to forget them!

Sunday it was PARTY TIME! My cousins daughter tuned 4 on Saturday so we had a special dress up party for her on Sunday! She loves fairies and princesses and all things girly so it was right up my alley and we had such a wonderful afternoon! There were fairies and army men and scouts and football players and G.I Janes - and that was jsut the adults ;) and of course there was me.....the ballerina! 


Here is her gorgeous cake that her mummy made - A fairy garden cake! The best thing about my cousins cake is that they not only look AMAZING they taste even better! 


I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Head over to Claire to enjoy more Week-a-Boo's

x S.K.K x

2 comments:

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

Sarah, my dear....your weekend looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!
Love all your photos...especially the ballerina ones ;o)
Thanks for joining in again this week...I love reading about your weekends :)
Have a great week xo
P.S. that lolly platter looks way too good :))) YUMMMY!

Hayley said...

What a great weekend! I recently bought singstar (much to hubby's dismay) and my sis and I 'rocked' out all afternoon hehe. I also love the costume very stylish and the cake looks awesome xx